Wednesday, January 25, 2012

5 Songs

I am a die -hard Hindi film and pop music fan. There have been numerous songs which have been my favorites. In this blog, i will list 5 best of them:

1. Main pal do pal ka shayar hoon - Kabhi Kabhi
What fab lyrics, what wonderful singing by Mukesh. Till a long time in my childhood, Mukesh was my favorite singer out of the trio of Kishore- Rafi - Mukesh

2. Toh Fir Aao, mujho rulao - Awarapan
This song has a haunting feel to it. It gets back to me time and again. I specially like the appeal to the beloved to come again and increase the pain.

3.Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop Zindagi - Kal ho na ho
This is an ideal song which you sing thinking the world is a stage and you are the rockstar. Best work of Shankar Ehasaan Loy to me


4. Chandi Jaisa rang hai Tera - Pankaj Udhas
No better words to praise a lady than this song. The lyrics are so wicket and desi.


5. Sare Jahaan se achcha, hindustan hamara
Yes, the " Tarana- e- Hindi" has been a childhood favorite. Has never failed to give goosebumps to me.
 " Majhab nahi seekhata aapas mein bair rakhna , hindi hai hum watan hai hindustan hamara"
Iqbaal sahab, respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment