Thursday, August 21, 2008

3.5 years

Do you remember something, she says?

I say, yeah I do.

What is the date today?

Ohh, this one line is so intriguing.

Well, for one I am a very forgetful person, and secondly it was a pretty bad day at work.

It's 20th August. Ryte?


As I told this in my mind I was remembering all the possible things that might have happened on 20th August ever in my life. All I could figure is that 5 days back it was Independence Day and the next holiday is on 3rd September for ganesh Chaturthi.

Stupid, tumko kuchh yaad nahi rehta.

She was right, I must say. And I do not figure out ki how she remembers every inch of chronology that has happened in our lives. Does it mean I am less into details?

Arre, how can you say that, I gave you a surprise on all your birthdays, and I remember you, most importantly.I was now sounding very foolish.

Yeah ryte, but don't change the topic. What happened on 20th August?

Kya hua tha?

20 august ko to nahi, 20 february ko kuchh hua tha, and …..ohh haan, usko abhi 6 months ho gaye .

SO what does that mean??

Right right, I know.

Its 3.5 years now that you first asked me out?

I asked you out??? Duffer…..tumne poocha tha if you remember?? And what is this asked me out thing? Sounds so cheap.

Cheap. Isme cheap kya hai? Okay let me reframe, 3.5 years of our togetherness

Now you got it. But You asked me out . Okay??

Haan bhai Okay!!!!

P:S: It has been three point five years of us being together and to say that it has been Okay would be defaming it. It has been a Beautiful Life, with her. Enchore.

2 comments:

  1. nice one...
    meethi she is..
    and i know she really must have said this with a twang in her voice.."asking out...kitna cheap"..
    second thoughts:
    "jaane kaun kaun se din woh tumko yaad dilaaye.............tarrekein na bhulaye"-song from hum tum
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sneha ji i know i know...and i expected a comment on this one from you.

    and i know you must be on my side...thanks for understanding :P

    I am sure someone might as well has the the same feeling as i do

    ReplyDelete